For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Statistics
- FSBOs accounted for 9% of home sales. The typical FSBO home sold for $184,000 compared to $230,000 for agent-assisted home sales.
- FSBO methods used to market home:
- Yard sign: 36%
- Friends, relatives, or neighbors: 28%
- Online classified advertisements: 16%
- Open house: 14%
- For-sale-by-owner websites: 13%
- Social networking websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.): 7%
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS) website: 7%
- Print newspaper advertisement: 7%
- Direct mail (flyers, postcards, etc.): 1%
- Video: 1%
- Other: 2%
- None: Did not actively market home: 32%
- Most difficult tasks for FSBO sellers:
- Understanding and performing paperwork: 18%
- Getting the right price: 13%
- Preparing/fixing up home for sale: 12%
- Helping buyer obtain financing: 3%
- Attracting potential buyers: 3%
- Selling within the planned length of time: 7%
- Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale: 6%
I am a Licensed Realtor for Cape Coral | Fort Myers area.
I will get you the highest best fair market price for your property.
You can contact me for a free no obligation market evaluation.
Ask for Tony V.